SS Master 1000 is a great option as your first English Willow bat. Its one of the bat in the SS Master Series. The Master Series is designed for and hand crafted for a number of international players including Kumar Sangakarra, JP Duminy and Hanuma Vihari, this light weight bat offers an large sweet spot, superb grip & balance and pick up. It comes with innovative embossed stickers with 3D-Effect and proof of authenticity. It uses a combination of Sarawak Cane Handle and uses specially designed White zig zag grip suitable for professional players.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Mid to Low: Want the best of both the worlds? This is suitable for players who like to play on the front foot but still want the benefits of a mid sweet spot. This will suit someone who does plays on synthetic wickets or pitches that do not bounce high.
- BOW = Slight Bow: This is a combination between the traditional and large bow which is the most common when making a cricket bat. Indian sub-continental shapes are typically seen with a more pronounced bow enabling the sweet spot to be lower on the blade, ideal for play on slow and low pitches.
- EDGES = Big: Close to 40mm edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willow which makes it perfect for power hitting.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Full Profile Min Concaving: The bat has very limited wood taken out the back of the bat, therefore the wood is left where it really matters to ensure the utmost ping. It is someone that is looking at ultimate power at the forefront, then this shape may suit. The pickup will still be nice and balanced and feel superb in the hands. This is the shape that most pro’s like especially in the ODI/T20 format due to the value for strokes you receive with this profile.
- FACE = Semi-Flat: One of the latest trends in cricket bat faces was born from the need to add some durability to the edges of flat faced bats. When prepared correctly semi-flat faces bring the benefits of slightly bigger edges, a wider sweet spot plus 'point and shoot' aiming of a flat face bat. A slight curve also allows batsman to be confident when using the wrists to manipulate the face angle.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for an Semi square toe is that it helps minimise damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.