The CA Dragon DG Players Edition edition cricket bat is something that will give the bowler’s nightmares for sure. A true specimen of a cricket bat something that will give you a lot of confidence. The shape is based on the profile Fakhar Zaman uses, the bat has a massive blade and large edges, yet it offers a beautiful pick-up and balance. A must-have for any aspiring hard-hitting cricketer.
Bat weight and grains are subject to availability. Pictures are for illustration only. Actual bats may look different because each bat is hand crafted and made from natural willow.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Mid: Suitable for the 'complete' batter. This means if you enjoy strokes on the front and back foot, you play on all types of wickets and you want the largest area for the sweet spot. This popular sweet spot position creates a balanced pickup.
- BOW = Slight Bow: This is a combination between the traditional and large bow which is the most common when making a cricket bat. Indian sub-continental shapes are typically seen with a more pronounced bow enabling the sweet spot to be lower on the blade, ideal for play on slow and low pitches.
- EDGES = Big: Close to 40mm edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willows which makes it perfect for power hitting.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Full Spine: This bat is created to ensure a lightweight pickup with slight concaving to help control the weight. We would recommend this profile for a player who likes the spine running right through the toe and looking for a light bat with the sweetspot being positioned mid to high. Ideal for players who play of the back foot and enjoy using their wrists to pierce the field.
- FACE = Flat Face: This was a face profile that was introduced in the early 2000’s. It is done to give the appearance of the big bats we all know today. It allows the bat maker to press the bat lighter and get great ping in the sweet spot. It takes a touch longer for the bat to 'open up' but once it does the ball stays hit.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for a Semi square toe is that it helps minimize damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.