TON Slasher Cricket Bat is a mid-level bat from SS . made from naturally air-dried Grade 3 English Willow, this lightweight bat has a large sweet spot and an excellent pick up - the hallmark of TON bats. It comes with a full length bat cover.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Mid to Low: Want the best of both the worlds? This is suitable for players who like to play on the front foot but still want the benefits of a mid sweet spot. This will suit someone who does plays on synthetic wickets or pitches that do not bounce high.
- BOW = Slight Bow: This is a combination of the traditional and large bow which is the most common when making a cricket bat. Indian sub-continental shapes are typically seen with a more pronounced bow enabling the sweet spot to be lower on the blade, ideal for play on slow and low pitches.
- EDGES = Big: Close to 40mm edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willows which makes it perfect for power hitting.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Full Profile Min Concaving: The bat has very limited wood taken out the back of the bat, therefore the wood is left where it really matters to ensure the utmost ping. It is someone that is looking at ultimate power at the forefront, then this shape may suit. The pickup will still be nice and balanced and feel superb in the hands. This is the shape that most pro’s like especially in the ODI/T20 format due to the value for strokes you receive with this profile.
- FACE = Flat Face: This was a face profile that was introduced in the early 2000’s. It is done to give the appearance of the big bats we all know today. It allows the bat maker to press the bat lighter and get a great ping in the sweet spot. It takes a touch longer for the bat to 'open up' but once it does the ball stays hit.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for a Semi square toe is that it helps minimize damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.