SS Gladiator is a premium quality hand selected English Willow bat with clean grains. This bat is traditionally handcrafted with ultimate balance and superb performance, an enormous sweet spot and massive edges which provides awesome power in the striking area. This bat comes with a full length bat cover.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Mid to Low: This is world class professional bat at its own. This means you can enjoy strokes on the front and back foot on all types of wickets This popular sweet spot position creates a balanced pickup.
- BOW = Slight Bow: This is a combination between the traditional and large bow which is the most common when making a cricket bat. A more pronounced bow enabling the sweet spot to be lower on the blade, ideal for play on slow and low pitches.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Duckbill: A duck bill profile adds thickness to the toe yet aiding pickup for a better balanced bat. This is the bat profile preferred by many international players due to the balance and amount of wood left in the bat in the hitting zone. Perfect for front foot players and on slow low English wickets. This bat is designed for big hitters and for clearing the ropes effortlessly.
- FACE = Flat Face: It is done to give the appearance of the big bats we all know today. It allows the bat maker to press the bat lighter and get great ping in the sweet spot. It takes a touch longer for the bat to 'open up' but once it does the ball stays hit.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for an Semi square toe is that it helps minimise damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.