DSC Intense Shoc is made from top quality Grade 2 natural English Willow. The Intense Shoc delivers power with the lightweight design and pick-up. This bat offers a mid-blade profile which is perfect for those who love to play on the back foot and push the balls away to the boundary. A must have for a budding cricketer looking to take their game to the next level.
Bat weight and grains are subject to availability. Pictures are for illustration only. Actual bats may look different because each bat is hand crafted and made from natural willow.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Mid: Suitable for the 'complete' batter. This means if you enjoy strokes on the front and back foot, you play on all types of wickets and you want the largest area for the sweet spot. This popular sweet spot position creates a balanced pickup.
- BOW = Traditional: Bat makers from Australian and New Zealand typically produce bats with little bow resulting in a higher sweet spot ideal for bouncy pitches
- EDGES = Big: Close to 40mm edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willow which makes it perfect for power hitting.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Duckbill: A duck bill profile adds thickness to the toe yet aiding pickup for a better balanced bat. This is the bat profile preferred by many international players due to the balance and amount of wood left in the bat in the hitting zone. Perfect for front foot players and on slow low English wickets. This bat is designed for big hitters and for clearing the ropes effortlessly.
- FACE = Semi-Flat: One of the latest trends in cricket bat faces was born from the need to add some durability to the edges of flat faced bats. When prepared correctly semi-flat faces bring the benefits of slightly bigger edges, a wider sweet spot plus 'point and shoot' aiming of a flat face bat. A slight curve also allows batsman to be confident when using the wrists to manipulate the face angle.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for an Semi square toe is that it helps minimise damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.