SS TON Super is a mid-performance cricket bat that features the Classic TON Styling. A hand crafted durable blade for optimum power to pick up ratio, made from English Willow with decent grains. The bat comes Sarawak Cane Handle for good shock absorption.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Low: Designed for front foot players playing on low and slow pitches, the sweet spot is lower down the bat. Although it may feel a bit toe heavy, there is no stopping a sweet timed front foot cover drive off a bat like this.
- BOW = Slight Bow: This is a combination of the traditional and large bow which is the most common when making a cricket bat. Indian sub-continental shapes are typically seen with a more pronounced bow enabling the sweet spot to be lower on the blade, ideal for play on slow and low pitches.
- EDGES = Big: Close to 40mm edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willows which makes it perfect for power hitting
- PROFILE SHAPE = Full Spine: This bat is created to ensure a lightweight pickup with slight concaving to help control the weight. We would recommend this profile for a player who likes the spine running right through the toe and looking for a light bat with the sweet spot being positioned mid to high. Ideal for players who play of the back foot and enjoy using their wrists to pierce the field.
- FACE = Flat Face: This was a face profile that was introduced in the early 2000’s. It is done to give the appearance of the big bats we all know today. It allows the bat maker to press the bat lighter and get a great ping in the sweet spot. It takes a touch longer for the bat to 'open up' but once it does the ball stays hit.
- HANDLE TYPE = Semi-Oval: A hybrid setup that brings the best of both the worlds. This shape will slightly weaken the bottom hand for more control but still allow for use of wrists during stroke play.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for a Semi square toe is that it helps minimize damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.