SS Sir Richards is an excellent choice for an aspiring cricketer. Made from air dried Grade 4 English Willow, this bat has a large playing area with clean bat face. The expertly handcrafted bat has good balance, pick up and performance. The large sweet spot and edges makes it an ideal choice for someone who likes to put the fear of God in the bowlers head.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Mid to Low: This is world class professional bat at its own. This means you can enjoy strokes on the front and back foot on all types of wickets This popular sweet spot position creates a balanced pickup.
- BOW = Slight Bow: This is a combination between the traditional and large bow which is the most common when making a cricket bat. A more pronounced bow enabling the sweet spot to be lower on the blade, ideal for play on slow and low pitches.
- EDGES = Big: Close to 40mm conclave edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willow which makes it perfect for power hitting.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Duckbill: A duck bill profile adds thickness to the toe yet aiding pickup for a better balanced bat. This is the bat profile preferred by many international players due to the balance and amount of wood left in the bat in the hitting zone. Perfect for front foot players and on slow low English wickets. This bat is designed for big hitters and for clearing the ropes effortlessly.
- FACE = Flat Face: It is done to give the appearance of the big bats we all know today. It allows the bat maker to press the bat lighter and get great ping in the sweet spot. It takes a touch longer for the bat to 'open up' but once it does the ball stays hit.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for an Semi square toe is that it helps minimise damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.