MRF VK18 STAR is an entry level bat in the VK18 series from MRF Sports. This bat has good balance and performance, a large sweet spot and big edges which provide awesome power in the striking area. This bat comes with a full length bat cover.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Mid: Suitable for the full on crikcket, Therefor you can enjoy strokes on the front and back foot, you play on all types of wickets and you want the largest area for the sweet spot. This popular sweet spot position creates a balanced pickup.
- BOW = Slight Bow: This is a combination between the traditional and large bow which is the most common when making a cricket bat with a more pronounced bow enabling the sweet spot to be lower on the blade, ideal for play on slow and low pitches.
- EDGES = Big: Close to 40mm edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willow which makes it perfect for power hitting with clear spine fit fo full on play.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Full Spine: This bat is created to ensure a lightweight pickup with slight concaving to help control the weight. We would recommend this profile for a player who likes the spine running right through the toe and looking for a light bat with the sweetspot being positioned mid to high. Ideal for players who play of the back foot and enjoy using their wrists to pierce the field..
- FACE = Flat Face: It is done to give the appearance of the big bats. It allows the bat maker to press the bat lighter and get great ping in the sweet spot.
- HANDLE TYPE = Rounded: Made from Sarawak Combination Cane provide more control but still allow for use of wrists during stroke play.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for an Semi square toe is that it helps minimise damage from tapping at the crease and running in.