Kookaburra Rapid Pro Players Cricket Bat is made from select unbleached Grade 1 English Willow. Not for the faint of heart, the Rapid Pro Players bat features an imposing low profile for those who like to attack the boundary on the front foot. It features a players grip, and has traditional toe shaping.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Low: Designed for front foot players playing on low and slow pitches, the sweet spot is lower down the bat. Although it may feel a bit toe heavy, there is no stopping a sweet timed front foot cover drive off a bat like this.
- BOW = Traditional: Bat makers from Australian and New Zealand typically produce bats with little bow resulting in a higher sweet spot ideal for bouncy pitches
- EDGES = Big: Close to 40mm edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willow which makes it perfect for power hitting.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Full Spine: This bat is created to ensure a lightweight pickup with slight concaving to help control the weight. We would recommend this profile for a player who likes the spine running right through the toe and looking for a light bat with the sweetspot being positioned mid to high. Ideal for players who play of the back foot and enjoy using their wrists to pierce the field.
- FACE = Semi-Flat: One of the latest trends in cricket bat faces was born from the need to add some durability to the edges of flat faced bats. When prepared correctly semi-flat faces bring the benefits of slightly bigger edges, a wider sweet spot plus 'point and shoot' aiming of a flat face bat. A slight curve also allows batsman to be confident when using the wrists to manipulate the face angle.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for an Semi square toe is that it helps minimise damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.