CEAT Gripp Star cricket bat is made from naturally dried Grade 2 English Willow. A solid performer and a great choice for a seasoned player looking for a decent bat without breaking the bank. GrippStar's big edges combine with it's large sweet spot and a balanced shape to offer a ultimate balance and superb performance.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Mid:A bat exclusively designed by CEAT for superior grip that enables a batsmen to have a better stroke play. A very rare shape in the market thus giving it distinctive features.
- BOW = Slight Bow: This is a combination between the traditional and large bow which is the most common when making a cricket bat. Indian sub-continental shapes are typically seen with a more pronounced bow enabling the sweet spot to be lower on the blade, ideal for play on slow and low pitches.
- EDGES = Big: Close to 40mm edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willow which makes it perfect for power hitting.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Full Spine: This bat is created to ensure a lightweight pickup with slight concaving to help control the weight. Weight evenly spread over the back of the bat for better balancing.
- FACE = Flat Face: It is done to give the appearance of the big bats we all know today. It allows the bat maker to press the bat lighter and get great ping in the sweet spot. It takes a touch longer for the bat to 'open up' but once it does the ball stays hit.
- HANDLE TYPE = Semi-Oval: A hybrid setup that brings the best of both the worlds. This shape will slightly weaken the bottom hand for more control but still allow for use of wrists during stroke play.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for an Semi square toe is that it helps minimise damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.