CA SOMO Cricket Bat made from Grade 1 English willow. It is equipped with a decent sweet spot for forceful strokes which gives massive edge profile to the bat and maximum power. This bat will give you a unique shape for an excellent balance and pickup. It picks up 1-1.5oz lighter than its dead weight.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION: Mid - Suitable for the 'complete' batter. This means if you enjoy strokes on the front and back foot, you play on all types of wickets and you want the largest area for the sweet spot. This popular sweet spot position creates a balanced pickup.
- BOW: Large Bow - large bow acts as a counter-balance, raising the center of gravity of the cricket bat, thereby assisting pick-up. In other words, a bat with a considerable bow and a lower-middle can feel the same as a straight blade with a higher middle.
- EDGES: Big - Close to 40mm edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willows which makes it perfect for power hitting.
- PROFILE SHAPE: Full Spine - this bat is created to ensure a lightweight pickup with slight concaving to help control the weight. We would recommend this profile for a player who likes the spine running right through the toe and looking for a light bat with the sweetspot being positioned mid to high. Ideal for players who play of the back foot and enjoy using their wrists to pierce the field.
- FACE: Semi-Flat - one of the latest trends in cricket bat faces was born from the need to add some durability to the edges of flat-faced bats. When prepared correctly semi-flat faces bring the benefits of slightly bigger edges, a wider sweet spot plus 'point and shoot' aiming of a flat face bat. A slight curve also allows the batsman to be confident when using the wrists to manipulate the face angle.
- HANDLE TYPE: Round - suitable for bottom hand dominant players looking for more freedom to use their wrists.
- TOE: Semi Square Toe - the main reason for a Semi square toe is that it helps minimize damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.