SS Valarie 4.0 is made from super lightweight Grade 5 English Willow. Specifically designed and made for Women Cricketers, these bats are handcrafted and have an excellent punch, pick-up and power profile - and not to mention, the light weight. This bat comes comes with a full-length bat cover and SS Authenticity QR code for extra piece of mind.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Mid to Low: Want the best of both the worlds? This is suitable for players who like to play on the front foot but still want the benefits of a mid sweet spot. This will suit someone who does plays on synthetic wickets or pitches that do not bounce high.
- BOW = Slight Bow: This is a combination of the traditional and large bow which is the most common when making a cricket bat. Indian sub-continental shapes are typically seen with a more pronounced bow enabling the sweet spot to be lower on the blade, ideal for play on slow and low pitches.
- EDGES = Normal: This bat has around 32-35mm edges. It may lack a few millimetres on the edge but chances are it’s a lightweight bat or a bat with a full profile and high spine peak.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Duckbill: A duck bill profile adds thickness to the toe yet aiding pickup for a better balanced bat. This is the bat profile preferred by many international players due to the balance and amount of wood left in the bat in the hitting zone. Perfect for front foot players and on slow low English wickets. This bat is designed for big hitters and for clearing the ropes effortlessly.
- FACE = Flat Face: This was a face profile that was introduced in the early 2000’s. It is done to give the appearance of the big bats we all know today. It allows the bat maker to press the bat lighter and get a great ping in the sweet spot. It takes a touch longer for the bat to 'open up' but once it does the ball stays hit.
- TOE = Semi Square Toe: The main reason for an Semi square toe is that it helps minimise damage from tapping at the crease and running in, as the toe is slightly offset.