SS Thor is a mid range English Willow bat from SS. This traditionally handcrafted bat is made from air dried Grade 3 English Willow. Designed with balance and performance in mind, this bat has large TON edges, good balance and excellent performance. The wide playing area and a clean bat face makes it an elegant choice for an intermediate level cricketer.
- SWEET SPOT POSITION = Mid to low: The unique shape of bat maximize the sweet spot across the blade. This means you can enjoy strokes on the front and back foot on all types of wickets This popular sweet spot position creates a balanced pickup.
- BOW = Slight Bow: This is a combination between the traditional and large bow which is the most common when making a cricket bat. A more pronounced bow enabling the sweet spot to be lower on the blade, ideal for play on slow and low pitches.
- EDGES = Big: Close to 40mm conclave edges (for Senior Size), this bat has plenty of willow which makes it perfect for power hitting.
- PROFILE SHAPE = Duckbill: A duck bill profile adds thickness to the toe yet aiding pickup for a better balanced bat. This is the bat profile preferred by many international players due to the balance and amount of wood left in the bat in the hitting zone. Perfect for front foot players and on slow low English wickets. This bat is designed for big hitters and for clearing the ropes effortlessly.
- FACE = Flat Face: It is done to give the appearance of the big bats we all know today. It allows the bat maker to press the bat lighter and get great ping in the sweet spot. It takes a touch longer for the bat to 'open up' but once it does the ball stays hit.
- TOE = Round: A widely used shape used by players because it prevent damage for constant crease tapper.